Here are some more practical reasons why Yoga can be for anyone!
1. Yoga has a variety of styles & levels – that can be accomplished by anyone. Even yoga for the immobile. Whether you’re in a wheelchair or recovering from injury, there are yoga movements and routines that can be put together for you. If you’re a practiced athlete or just getting into yoga for the first time in your life, yoga can greatly improve your quality of life and performance.
2. Yoga isn’t just about Asanas (the poses) – it’s a lifestyle and one worth living! Yoga teaches you commitment, surrender, being present, and belief in yourself. When you practice and improve your best on the mat, you begin to see improvement in other areas of your life off the mat.
3. Yoga is all about Non-Judgement – of yourself, others, your practice, your challenges, and even your emotions. A practice that meets you right where you’re at and doesn’t expect anything but your diligence & intention. Yoga helps us to realized that the goal of not having a goal can be healthy and healing.
4. There are Modifications & Tools – for any pose! Beyond having a variety of styles and levels, yoga has so many cool props and mods that will have you feeling like a rockstar in your practice. These modifications and tools help you build the essential foundation to improve the pose and move into more advanced movements. Make sure to check out the importance of a quality mat and gear!
5. Yoga is a Community – Not only does yoga make challenges fun, there is a whole community to support your endeavors in your practice and in your life. Within the yoga community encouragement and love is prevalent and competition is not what it’s about. With your practice, you get all the benefits of Yoga as well as a connective group to be inspired by, to lean on, and to share.
These are just a few reasons as to why Yoga is and can be for anyone. You can customize your practice to support the areas you need and prefer while continuing to learn, grow, and improve your life and your practice!